Anyone may request service for a child (birth to 18 years) as long as the legal guardian is aware of the request. The Intake Manager receives all requests and will contact you as soon as possible (usually within 48 hours).
The CDC recognizes that the family is the most important influence in a person’s life. They encourage the family’s involvement in all services. The CDC aims to meet your family’s needs by modeling activities and strategies to be used in your family’s daily routines.
In order to know what is important to you and your family, they:
- Schedule an initial meeting with you to discuss your child’s developmental history
- Ask what your child does well
- Find out where your child needs help
- Develop an individualized service plan (ISP) with you
- Review your child’s progress with you regularly
- 2 month follow up after discharge from the CDC